[KPhotoAlbum] new snapshot with DND support for sub categories!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Aug 28 03:08:53 BST 2006

I hate people questioning the usability of KPhotoAlbum. But that is nothing
compared to how much I hate when they are right :-)

This weekend I've been working on implementing sub category reordering using
drag and drop in the annotation dialog. So if you want to tell KPhotoAlbum
that Las Vegas is in USA, just grab it with your mouse, and drop it on USA.

As a side effect of this, the items in the list boxes have now changed to
check boxes, and an item is marked as on an image when checked (in contrast
to, when selected), I hope this will make KPhotoAlbum just a little bit more
accessible for newcomers.

The complete list of changes are:
* Tokens got kind of lost when importing from a KPhotoAlbum 2.2 index file.

* BUGFIX: Media Type Category was not filled correctly when finding new
images.

* It is now possible to set up sub categories in the annotation
dialog, simply by dragging items onto other items.

* The listbox in the annotation dialog is now updated when an item is added as
a sub item to another.

* Improved set of file names recognized as videos.

* BUGFIX: deselect all images when right clicking on an image that
is currently not selected.

* It is now possible to use the search bar in the main window,
when showing folders.

* Searching in a list view in the browser is not anchored to the
beginning of the word.

* BUGFIX: It is now possible to have spaces in category names.

* Fixed bug in last snapshot where the compressed index.xml didn't
work.

* Don't save Folders to the index.xml file again. I'm rather sure
it is faster to calculate the info on start up rather than loading
the extra XML.