[KPhotoAlbum] New Snapshot available

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 25 00:50:10 BST 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:43:45 -0400

   On Wednesday 23 August 2006 09:42, Jean-Samuel wrote:
   | Le 08/23/2006 04:14 AM, Jesper K. Pedersen :
   | > A first snapshot of the upcomming release is available. Check out
   | > http://www.kphotoalbum.org/news.htm#item0028
   | > for details.
   |
   | Hi,
   |
   | Tank you for this new snapshot. It work fine on my computer despite if:
   | 1/ KPA never play the videos

   Seems like you do not have the right packages installed (and
   unfortunately I dont know what right really is). I simply uses KDE
   services to playback the videos. Try searching for mplayer
   packages.

I've seen that happen also.  I see the following message:

$ kphotoalbum
ASSERT: "!library.isNull()" in VideoDisplay.cpp (56)
kphotoalbum: WARNING: Failed to instantiate KPart from library

I'm running KDE 3.5.4.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton