[KPhotoAlbum] some suggestions/requests for tag dialog

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Aug 23 03:49:53 BST 2006

| 2) Searching in the 'Home Page'.
| Now I have to click on a category (location / keywords) and then type
| some text to search.  How about allowing us to type filter text right
| there on the home page?
|    I type : park
|    UI shows:
|
| 	Persons			Locations		Keywords
| 	-----			-------			-------
| 	Parker			city park		parking meter
| 				Menlo Park
|
| Then I can click on the match I want and drill down.
Great idea, but I'm afraid that would be a lot of work.

| 3) Ctrl+Click / Multi-Select
| When I do a search on a category, if multiple items show up, it would be
| really nice to do a Ctrl+Click on each tag to select, and then see
| images with either tags
|
| 	I type : gold
| 	Location matches :
| 		San Francisco Golden Gate Park
| 		Golden Gate Bridge
|
| Ctrl+Click on the matches to select them both and see images that has
| _either_ of the tags.  We can do 'drag+select' or 'shift-click' ..etc as
| well
I'd love to if just one day I had the time.

| 4) In the TAG dialog, I sometimes want to quickly see what tags have
| been selected for the image.  How about a little check-box allowing me to
| 	[ x ]  show only selected tags
| If the box is unchecked it will display all tags with selected tags
| highlighted (like the current behavior)
In the snapshot this is actually possible. I'm not sure if the function is
bound to any key, so try looking in the editor for key bindings. In my KPA it
is bound to Ctrl-t or is it Ctrl-s. The other of the two bindings toggles
between alpha mode and most recently used mode.

Cheers
jesper.