[KPhotoAlbum] some suggestions/requests for tag dialog

Sujee Maniyam kimdaba at sujee.net
Tue Aug 15 09:15:27 BST 2006

Hi Jesper,
Just been over at your blog and read that you are doing some
improvements to the tag dialog
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2214

Just want to throw out some ideas.  Others also chime-in please.

0) The tree structure for sub-categories is really cool !

1) as for the type filter, it will match my text anywhere right, not
just words beginning with the filter text ?
	I type : golden
	Filtered outputs :
		San Francisco Golden Gate park
		Golden Gate bridge
any words with 'golden' is matched regardless of case or position

2) Searching in the 'Home Page'.
Now I have to click on a category (location / keywords) and then type
some text to search.  How about allowing us to type filter text right
there on the home page?
   I type : park
   UI shows:

	Persons			Locations		Keywords
	-----			-------			-------
	Parker			city park		parking meter
				Menlo Park

Then I can click on the match I want and drill down.

3) Ctrl+Click / Multi-Select
When I do a search on a category, if multiple items show up, it would be
really nice to do a Ctrl+Click on each tag to select, and then see
images with either tags

	I type : gold
	Location matches :
		San Francisco Golden Gate Park
		Golden Gate Bridge

Ctrl+Click on the matches to select them both and see images that has
_either_ of the tags.  We can do 'drag+select' or 'shift-click' ..etc as
well

4) In the TAG dialog, I sometimes want to quickly see what tags have
been selected for the image.  How about a little check-box allowing me to
	[ x ]  show only selected tags
If the box is unchecked it will display all tags with selected tags
highlighted (like the current behavior)

As always, huge thanks for a wonderful software.

cheers
/sujee
--
www.sujee.net