[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum 2.2 release

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Thu Apr 20 09:35:46 BST 2006

On 2006-04-19 Wednesday 14:50, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> | And one other thing: Splash screen and about box still say
> | "KPhotoAlbum SVN".
>
> nooooooooooo.
> Which package is that? Did you download only few minutes after the
> announcement? I messed up this, and hurried to make a new package
> less than 10 minutes after the announcement.

Package was
http://www.kphotoalbum.org/download/kphotoalbum-2.2.tar.bz2
I think my download time was about 2006-04-18 12:00 (EEST). I tried
again today and it was the same file (at least MD5 was same).

Only SVN I can find in that package:
$ find -type f -exec grep -H SVN {} \;
./src/main.cpp:    KAboutData aboutData( "kphotoalbum",
I18N_NOOP("KPhotoAlbum"), "SVN",

> Could you please help me write a description for the webpage.
> Where do I find package.keywords, and why is it important to add that
> line?

I think this should wait until Gentoo package maintainer marks it
stable, so adding the line to package.keywords wouldn't be needed
anymore. (step 1 in the following instructions)

Here are the instructions anyway:

1. Tell portage you want to install ~x86 version of the package:
# mkdir /etc/portage
# echo "media-gfx/kphotoalbum ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

2. Uninstall KimDaBa:
# emerge -C kimdaba

3. Install KPhotoAlbum:
# emerge kphotoalbum