[KPhotoAlbum] Pbs : date + setup + help missing + database

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:15:12 BST 2006

Le Jeudi 13 Avril 2006 03:32, Dominique Gonzalez a écrit :
> I compiled kphotoalbum-2006-04-02-noi18n.tar.gz and there are some
> problems. I use Mandriva2006+KDE3.4.

>________________
>
> dates
>
> I cannot record dates which are set by "set properties" dialogs.
> This pb occured some months ago, with an older version : it was caused
> by locales. Mine is french.

I use rpm kphotoalbum-0.01-20060402noi18n.1mdk which is made from
kphotoalbum-2006-04-02-noi18n.tar.gz on mandriva 2005LE (KDE 3.4.0) and my
local is french too, from "set time for individual image" when I set time
date of an image then the image has no date amymore! But when I do that with
time, the time is modified, it's OK.

If an image has no date but a date in EXIF, using maintenance>read exif info
from file, if I select update image date, then the date of the image is set
and OK!

If I run LC_TIME=EN_us;kphotoalbum then the date of an image can be modified,
no problem in that case!
>________________
>
> "set properties" dialogs
>
> setups of the "set properties" dialogs are not saved. I though that when
> I make one option embedded in the dialog, it should be shown again on
> the next use of KPhotoAlbum. But it is not.
>________________
>
> help missing
>
> when one uses the "set properties" dialogs it shows a dialog box which
> says something like "it is an important dialog, you should read help".
> But help is missing...
>________________
>
> database
>
> I compiled KPhotoAlbum on another computer some weeks ago. At the first
> run it asked to export database (to mysql?).
> I did not agree because I could not compile KPhotoAlbum on my main
> computer (because of the instable state of the computer, not because of
> KPhotoAlbum).
> now it is fixed, but KPhotoAlbum does not propose this option anymore.

Dihe export to dataThe option may have not been activated if you didn't have
the right devel package?

When I look at feature status, I see:
Plug-ins available No
EXIF info supported Yes