[KimDaBa] Suggestion for multiple labeling?

Marco Colnaghi marco.colnaghi at libero.it
Fri Sep 16 14:19:14 BST 2005

Using kimdaba more and more (I really love it) with my images I feel the need to
see image lables quickly while cataloging.

I will explain with a frequent situation:
I want to catalog a bunch of 150 images so I begin to set label.
To do it in a quick way I often select multiple images and set one or more label for them.
Very often this is not enough, so I have to add more labels to different images mixed with the previously labeled.
The easiest way I know is to look at missing labels by tooltips and add the missing labels, but tooltip is a bit "slow" and bit confusing because moves around quickly and the process becomes harder then it could be.
I would really apprecite suggestions on how to complete this task in a better way.

As alternative i would like to propose 2 ideas:

Visible labels for images:
in thumbnail view could be possible view (may be only optionally) the assigned labels? or more singularly selectable information at request?

Labeling by single click while in thumbnail mode:
it would be possible activate a quick labeling mode made this way: in the label dialog you choose the labels to assign and they are stored for assignment. Activating the quick labeling mode a single click on ona image would assign the labels selected. A merge mode could be present too so labels could be simply added to existing.

Thanks in advance for your attention and every kind suggestion.

Marco.