[KimDaBa] Re: Rescan for images proposal

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Oct 22 12:53:26 BST 2005

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:06:42 -0400

   My question still stands, how many pictures do you have that would
   make this feasible? I mean, if you are to choose the directory from
   a GUI, then it easily adds 10 seconds to the process

Have two menu items, "Scan for new images" and "Scan a directory for
new images".

   On Friday 21 October 2005 03:24, Marco Colnaghi wrote:
   | Sorry,
   | I absolutely don't know kimdaba sources  and
   | I did't mean it was a "must have feature"...
   |
   | I was thinking that scan finding a new folder during a full scan
   | or during a partial scan were quite similar situations (from development
   | perspective)
   | so a very quick rescan for the single folder I just added after downloading
   | images with gphoto2
   | or for a small subtree when you rename a folder was a good thing.
   |
   | P.S. I'm a Debian user (Etch) with kimdaba 2.1 but I didn't find a way to
   | install kipiplugins so
   | it could be I miss different features offered by plugins, sorry.
   |
   | Thanks everybody,
   | Marco.

   Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
   Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
   Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
   9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
   Denmark                     |  software solutions