[KimDaBa] Rescan for images proposal

Marco Colnaghi marco.colnaghi at libero.it
Thu Oct 20 14:56:46 BST 2005

Hi everybody,
I hope this was not discussed before (I started following kimdaba list only  2 months ago)
I make "Rescan for new Images" less than i can because it takes a long time,
but I think it could be improved adding a similar function: "Rescan for Images from dir"

This function could do exacly the same rescan but simply starting from a choosen dir (a dir select dialog is needed)
so to avoid wasting time for scanning unchanged dirs.

A simple example (common for me) can explain it very well.

I use a folder tree for images:

2001/
    /010515_SeaTrip
2002/
    /020712_SeaTrip2002
    /020712_Mountain
2005/
    /050811_Holidays
    /050902_Friends
    /051001_NewDir

When I add the new subdir 051001_NewDir in 2005 dir I should not need to rescan all the tree,
I would like to rescan 2005 subtree only.

Thanks for you opinions,
bye, Marco.