[KimDaBa] Re: Want a bit of programming fun?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 15:51:34 GMT 2005

(Did anyone get the email below from the list?)
On Wednesday 23 November 2005 00:22, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| If someone is sitting out there waiting for a small, fun, but still usefull
| project, that even involves a cool project (kimdaba), and which you can be
| sure of one user from the start (me) plus announcement on a cool website
| (kimdaba's), then pay attention.
|
| I have so many nice nature pictures in my database that I'd like to use for
| the desktop background. It therefore would be so nice if there was a small
| script using the Kimdaba perl library from
| http://search.cpan.org/~jmfayard/Image-Kimdaba/lib/Image/Kimdaba.pm
| which would choose a random picture with say the keyword = desktop and set
| that as the background of my computer.
|
| Any takers?

And here is some code for setting an image on the desktop from a script:
dcop kdesktop KBackgroundIface setWallpaper "$file" 0
dcop kdesktop KBackgroundIface setWallpaper "$file" 1

(Its from an ancient script of mine, so I dont understand it anymore, but it
might be usefull as a starting point)
thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.