[KimDaBa] Main irritations in Kimdaba: Selections and serial configuration

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Sat Nov 19 12:24:30 GMT 2005

Hi!

On 18 Nov 2005, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Serial configuration: I often have a series of related pictures
> together, and it would be nice if the keywords I select for one picture
> are automatically selected for the next one, or easily toggled or
> something.  I feel rather stupid setting the same four keywords on a
> series of pictures.  The exact interface is not obvious, but I'm
> thinking KimDaBa could consider a keyword that is set explicitly (as
> opposed to having been set earlier) to be 'sticky' and also be set when
> going on to the next picture.  Having something like this would save me
> much time when going through a group.

I think what you are looking for are tokens and their usage. I'll just
describe what I do for configuring my new images and hope this will help
you:

I select the images that I want to configure and open them with the image
viewer. Going through the images I give each image a view tokens (like M
for every picture where Martin can be seen, or P for every part-picture).

When done with this I go back to the browser window and select all picture
in Tokens -> M, click "Configure all images" and select the keyword I want
for this token. Repeat this for all assigned tokens and you're done.

I hope I understood you question right and this is what you want.

- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | A polar bear is a rectangular
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  | bear after a coordinate