[KimDaBa] Another Idea

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Mon May 30 19:54:44 BST 2005

On 30 May 2005, William Holland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that this is a good idea, but I would change the implementation
> slightly.
>
> As I see it (please feel free to correct me here) Kimdaba is designed to move
> everyone away from the 'I need my folders' mentality, and if you were feeling
> like it, you could easily have no directory structure at all.  In addition if
> a photo is part of an 'event' and some other category, I would probably want
> to see the text associated with both.

You're right. I knew, that there is a "virtual album" configuration, but
till now I never read the help-text for it ;-)

> Currently we can attach an image to a category entry, so I think that allowing
> a short bit of 'note text' to be appended as well would be great!

You mean attaching a note text to a keyword/category? Sounds interesting.

Something like this:

keyword (category) <- note text
e.g.:
Lea     (Person)   <- "this is my girl"
Mauer   (Location) <- "this is my hometown"
tour10  (Folder)   <- "A hiking tour with some friends in spring"

This enhances my original idea very well. I'd really like to see such a
feature in kimdaba.

Comments?

- martin

--