[KimDaBa] Re: Next release one week, then what?!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun May 8 13:48:32 BST 2005

| In my opinion what will make KimDaBa unbeatable is to focus not
| only on image categorization (which I think it is already the best I've
| seen) but on the entire workflow (which is probably a little different
| for each one of us, but has common patterns).
In an ideal world, with infinite amount of spare time, I would agree with you.

| 1. Better support for offline data
This will likely come in 2.2

| 3. Flexible support for batching operations, for example send the
| selected set to a shell script (dragging the selected images to a shell
| kind of enables this, but is not as intuitive as to right click and
| select a "Send to command"  menuitem. The result of the script anywhere
| in the filesystem (i.e., do not necesarily get added to the image
| database).
Do you have KIPI plugins installed with kimdaba, that does many of those
things.

| 4. Support for a special "State" category that enables images to be
| assigned to a single member. This category can then be used as the
| driver for the workflow by moving images from one member (state) to
| another.  If this is not possible, then at least I think the capability
| of "uncategorizing" a set of images together is a must (I used category
| members to mark state, and although I can add many images to a category
| member with a single command, but I have to remove them from the
| temporary (state) category one by one)
I simply have the keyword OK set on images that I have categorized. To find
those not categorized, I search for !OK.