[KimDaBa] another feature request

William Holland will at willholland.co.uk
Fri May 6 19:22:37 BST 2005

Hi Jesper,

I don't mean to be a bore here, but I would worry about these.

1) if I am always prompted for missing images I will get irritated.  When
would you prompt? When I try and view an image or when I view a thumbnail?
If you do this, can you remember the path, and not prompt for other images in
this directory.  Also (as I'm sure you will) make it configurable, so I can
switch off prompting, or 'force' a refresh.

2) The other ideas that have been suggested are much more powerful than
this... I would like some configuration possiblities other than ~/.thumbnails
I keep my images in a separate mount (/mnt/photoarchive) and I would like to
end up with /mnt/photoarchive/Originals /mnt/photoarchive/monitorres (my
smaller images that I generate) and /mnt/photoarchive/thumbnails.  This would
mean that Eivind's suggestion covers what you suggest ($HOME/.thumbnails/) as
well as the flexibility that everyone else requires.

(as I mentioned in an earlier posting I would still be keen for kimdaba to
support different views, of which thumbnails would be one, but I won't go on
about that)

Cheers,

Will