[KimDaBa] another feature request

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Fri May 6 16:15:06 BST 2005

On 06 May 2005, Eivind wrote:

> Suggestion:
>

> Currently:
>
> xml-file is in $PICROOT/index.xml
>
> thumbnail for $PICROOT/$PICDIR/$IMAGE is in
> $PICROOT/$PICDIR/Thumbnails/$IMAGE
>
> How about making this configurable ? All one would need to do would be to
> add a $CONFIGROOT that defaults to $PICROOT then the xml-file would go in:
> $CONFIGROOT/index.xml and the Thumbnails in $CONFIGROOT/$PICDIR/$IMAGE
>
> Changing $CONFIGROOT to say $HOME/.kimdaba would allow kimdaba to work
> perfectly with a read-only $PICROOT.

Sounds good to me.

The user could choose the behaviour in the configuration-dialog with
radio-buttons like this:

  index.xml location:  (o) $PICROOT  ( ) other: [textfield]
  thumbnail location:  ( ) $PICROOT  (o) other: [textfield]

> (yeah, I am fully aware Kimdaba ain't programmed in shell.)

Sounds like a nice project ;-) How could we do the GUI part then?

- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | When the time comes, I want to
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  | die calmly in my sleep, like my