[KimDaBa] Really rotate the pictures ?

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:18:34 GMT 2005

   From: jedd <jedd at progsoc.org>
   Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:56:03 +1100

   On Tue March 22 2005 11:11 pm, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
    ] My take: software that doesn't handle EXIF information is broken, and
    ] needs to be fixed.  It isn't Kimdaba's problem that other software
    ] can't handle this.  The rotation information is valuable, and IMHO
    ] shouldn't be destroyed.

    I agree .. up to a point.

    My DSLR (Minolta 7Hi) is pretty sophisticated, but doesn't have
    the mercury switch (?) that would let it record the EXIF orientation.

    So any changes I make have to be done after the photo was taken.

Fair enough.  That's a different matter.  I'm talking about when
there's already an EXIF tag in the image; I don't want to lose that
information.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton