[KimDaBa] Really rotate the pictures ?

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Tue Mar 22 09:22:44 GMT 2005

On Tue March 22 2005 07:30 pm, Jean-Michel FAYARD wrote:
 ] For kimdaba 2.1, what about making an exception to Kimdaba's philosophy
 ] that it doesn't modify the original pictures, and really rotating the pictures.
 ] It's a bit ugly at the moment for interoperability with other software or when
 ] you burn a CD.

 I agree.  It's a bit cumbersome.  I really like KimDaBa's attitude
 of not touching the originals .. but it does put you in a difficult
 situation.

 If I go through my collection with with another utility and rotate
 them, then it will bugger up KimDaBa's view of the world.

 If this facility was implemented, I'd probably trust it all the time
 to make the changes to the files - so long as it did one of those
 rotates that doesn't affect the quality of the image at all.

 So I'd say it'd be preferable to separate the 'rotate all the images
 I've got that should be rotated and change the xml to reflect their
 new orientation' function from the 'rotate this image this way' one.

 The first could be a generated bash script that made calls out to
 something like imagemagick, but that you could go thru and be
 happy with what it was about to do.  Not sure how hard it is to
 do changes programmatically like this, or if the second function
 above would also be better with an imagemagick callout.

 I'll let you guys get back to coding this now. :)

 Jedd.