[KimDaBa] Feature req.: Specifying properties for images

Chris forums at moseler.net
Mon Jun 6 22:27:55 BST 2005

Hi,

yesterday I installed 2.1 after playing arround with 2.0 some months
ago. It really became fast, and it's accepting now, that RAM is not a
inexhaustible resource !! Great effort, thanks !

There is one thing, that in my opinion could be improved a little bit:
The setting the images properties.

My current problem is, that we came back from our holiday with approx.
4000 pictures in our bags. Nobody in the whole wide world who wants to
see all these pics.

I added a keyword 'diashow' to my database and want to tag the images we
want to show with that keyword.

At the moment I have to press ctrl-1 for each pic, select the diashow
keyword and press OK. Another way is to select the pics and press ctrl-2.

Disadvantage of ctrl-1: Lots of clicks.
Disadvantage of ctrl-2: You selected 50 pics, and then you do a mistake,
eg. clicking on a pic without pressing ctrl - all pics are deselect and
you have to do the selection again.

What I also can't see in the thumbnail-view is, what pics I already
added to my 'diashow'.

My suggestion is to add a function called 'fast selection' or something
like that, that also opens an 'Image Configuration' dialog. Here the
user can select image properties as usual. After pressing OK Kimdaba
just remembers these settings. In the thumbnail-view the settings will
be applied to an image by pressing the + key and disapplied by pressing
-. If an image in the tn-view has all properties, that have been
selected in this additional dialog, then a thin red bar will appear
under the thumbnail.

Hope you think that's a good idea!

Cheers,
Christoph