[KimDaBa] import/export problem

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:58:36 BST 2005

2005/7/28, Michael J Gruber <michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm>:
> Hi there,
>
> I just now (read: after the release date) started evaluating Kimdaba,
> comparing it to other tools out there before my picture selection grows
> too wildly (new cam...). It looks very promising.
>
> When trying out Image::Kimdaba, I noticed a problem with import/export.
> I reproduced it using Kimdaba alone (no perl module):
>
> - start kimdaba with the demo db
> - export configuration (manual copy, compress, generate thumbnails)
> - import the kim file, select one picture
> - the import wizard goes through til the image copying process, where it
> hangs at 0%
> - closing the kimdaba window results in a crash warning from KDE
>
> kimdaba version is 2.1, installed from deb packages on a Debian Sarge box.
>
> I'll be happy to provide any other info helpful for tracking this down.
>
> Background:
> I want to use Image::Kimdaba and ExifTool to automatically extract EXIF
> exposure info from the pictures and insert it into Kimdaba's DB as
> custom category information.

Sorry, there is nothing I can do about this in Image::Kimdaba, that's
a Kimdaba problem.

I reported about it a while ago. Kimdaba's .kim import feature is not yet
usable to update your database with additional infos for pictures
which are already
in your collection.

Details are here :
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.kimdaba/987