[KimDaBa] Warning about not all images having size information

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 15 14:32:20 GMT 2005

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:21:18 +0100
   Cc: Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

   On Saturday 15 January 2005 00:43, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   | The comment in this startup warning does not give a correct solution
   | to this issue, as I noted previously.  Looking at my index.xml and
   | finding images with width and height of -1, I see that they are all
   | either .xcf (GIMP) files or other files that are unreadable for one
   | reason or another (e. g. they're corrupt).
   |
   | The suggestion to do Remove All Thumbnails and Build Thumbnails is
   | rather drastic, in addition to not fixing the problem.

   Well that warning was added together with the need for image size
   in the thumbnail viewer. Till a week ago these attributes was not
   in the database at all, but now I need them, hence the warning

Then perhaps you want another option to Read Size Information, and the
warning should suggest that.  However, that warning should only be
emitted if it finds size information missing -- in the index.xml, but
with a value of -1, isn't missing.

   The problem with the corrupted file is a different issue.
   How did you get .xcf files into kimdaba at all?

I didn't explicitly try to.  Perhaps the version of KDE that I created
my database on originally could read .xcf files and my current one
can't?  In any event, the warning is somewhat misleading.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton