[KimDaBa] rotated images

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Jan 12 12:32:31 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 13:24, jedd wrote:
|  I think that I want to go and manually rotate my master
|  image copies .. I use other apps (digging in the draw, to use
|  the vernacular :) often enough to find it irritating to have the
|  master copy still at the wrong alignment.
|
|  Is there an easy way to find all images that *are* rotated, short
|  of coming up with a script to parse the xml and picking out
|  KimDaBa-rotated images?
I don't think so.

|  Would it be worth giving KimDaBa the ability (authority?) to
|  create a shell script you could run that calls out ImageMagick
|  stuff to do the rotation?  I'm not sure how much I want that, though,
|  because one of the great things about KimDaba (IMHO) is that
|  it *doesn't* touch the originals ..
If such thing should be added it should be as a plugin, I don't want the core
of kimdaba cluttered with such features ;-)

If you have a lot of images, and know just a bit of programming, then I
suggest that you (for your convenience) modify invaliddatefinder.cpp to
display images with (*it)->angle() != 0, and once you have all those
displayed, use the rotate plugin, first to rotate 90 degree, and next rotate
back 90 degree.

Rotating using the plugin will initially rotate to 0 degree, so the angle on
disk actually is correct.