[KimDaBa] Suggestion for KimDaBa

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:50:07 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:17:59 -0500, Walter Francis <khaytsus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've started using KimDaBa, and so far I like it pretty well.  I've
> been meaning to categorize my images forever, I have over 10,000 and
> growing.
>
> I had been considering writing my own perl scripts to do what I
> wanted, including a CGI back-end, but now I think I'll use KimDaBa as
> a front end and maybe use the recently announced perl module to
> interface for a cgi script.

Hello Walter,

thanks to the help of Nicolas Thiery, I've put the perl module on CPAN.
To install it :
    $ perl -MCPAN -e shell
Answer a bunch of question the first time.
Say
   PREFIX=~/local
if you want to install it in a non-standard directory)
When you answered all questions, type :
   > install Image::Kimdaba

If you installed the module in a non-standard directory, you need to make :
export PERL5LIB=~/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/perl_version

The documentation of the module is available here :
http://search.cpan.org/~jmfayard/Image-Kimdaba/lib/Image/Kimdaba.pm

Documentation for the existing scripts is available here :
http://search.cpan.org/~jmfayard/Image-Kimdaba

I should put that in the wiki one day, but I don't have many times
left right now.
If you want to contribute your CGI script, the wiki is perhaps a good place.
Yes, the wiki lives again : http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KimDaBa