[KimDaBa] Instructions on how to set up sqlite/exif searching?

Walter Francis wally at theblackmoor.net
Fri Dec 16 15:23:34 GMT 2005

I hate to ask because normally I could figure out something like this, but I must have
recompiled KimDaBa 10 times last night fiddling with stuff..  First I had sqlite
3.1.x, so then I removed it and installed the 2.8.16 (?) version mentioned in the
Features help entry, etc..  Still no matter what I do, the last entry for SQlite is
NO.

I can scan for Exif, exif shows when I view images, etc..  But I have yet to figure
out how to populate or search for exif.  I assume this is due to the SQLite feature
being stated as NO.

Is there anything special to do?  I couldn't figure out anything to do with the kipi
stuff rom svn (no actual programs in it?) so I downloaded the latest beta of kipi and
libkipi stuff, then svn'ed KimDaBa, compiled with --enable-sqldb, configure shows yes
when it looks for it, etc...

Am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions?  I'm using Fedora Core 3 with KDE-Redhat
as an accessory repo, which updates some stuff outside of the normal Fedora
repository..  Including being on KDE 3.5.0 right now, QT, sqlite (although I went back
to the FC3 version of it to try 2.8.16)

One thing that I'm not sure of is you mentioned once if QT supports sqlite..  How do I
check that?

Cheers.

--
Walter Francis