[KimDaBa] Searching for Exif

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed Dec 14 03:39:00 GMT 2005

Implemented is now the capability to search for EXIF informations in your
images.

It is possible to search for these tags:
- ISO
- Exposure
- F number
- Aperture
- Orientation
- Exposure Program
- Metering Mode
- Contrast
- Sharpness
- Saturation

Any others you want?

It seems that all the cameras I have images from, either has F Number and
Aperture being the same, or only have one of them.
I read on the wikipedia that they actually are different. Have anyone ever
seen a camera that produces different values for the two?

Please try out the new code and let me know what you think. If you have Exiv2
installed (which is really just configure; make; make install) and your Qt
supports SQLite, it should work out of the box.

When you start kimdaba it will offer you to populate the database.

If you are scared of the health of your index.xml file, just copy it to a safe
location when trying the new kimdaba. I have personally not have had any
insident with kimdaba for a long time, so I consider it semi safe to start
using the SVN version of KimDaBa (Snapshots will be made as soon as my
scripts are upgraded, someone is helping me on this one).

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions