[KimDaBa] Write EXIF date info to files?

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Thu Aug 4 00:57:59 BST 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:32 pm, Florian Lindner wrote:
 ] Hello,
 ] does kimdaba write the EXIF time/date information back to file (if altered in
 ] the programm) resp. creates them on the file if created on the program? If
 ] not, is this somehow possible to do?

 No, I don't believe so.

 KimDaBa takes the perfectly reasonable (IMHO) position of not
 touching your files .. ever!

 Some of the Kipi plugins might go some way to doing this (anyone?)

 I've done a lot of EXIF updates outside of the application, in no
 small part because I've wanted to make something scriptable that
 can re-create all the date/time stamps on the files after a restore
 or copy (which might reset them back to the current time/date).

 Although after the first run, I insert EXIF info into non-digicam
 images, and then use that information to set the file's timestamp.

 Does that make sense?

 Anyhoo, I'd suggest that you set these things outside of KimDaBa,
 and also set them on new files in your collection before you run
 KimDaBa against them.

 Happy to provide some scripts etc, if you want to go down that path.

 Cheers,
 Jedd.