[KimDaBa] New name for KimDaBa?

Ricky ricky at linuxbourg.ch
Sun Apr 24 21:48:12 BST 2005

Hi Jesper,

I agree that a new name would not be bad.

First I thought of Kalbum, but this name is already taken. So I searched
a little bit further and I'm coming up with the following name:

  -- Kaleidoskop -- (alternate spelling: Kaleidoscope)

While everyone of us knows what a kaleidoscope is, few know the real
meaning: it's "beautiful image viewer" in greek. I guess that when
somebody is using KimDaBa, they want to view (and show) their beautiful
images. And then, also, a kaleidoscope always shows new combinations of
items, which is also done by KimDaBa: first see all photos taken this
month, then, since one of them shows aunt Anna, you can switch the view
to see all photos of aunt Anna. And then you come across the wedding of
your brother, and here you go. Maybe it's a little bit far-fetched, but
why not?

Erich 'Ricky' Iseli