[KimDaBa] Re: Lawsuite against KimDaBa - KimDaBa 2.0 withdrawn!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sat Apr 2 10:21:45 BST 2005

Just in case someone doesn't know of the April 1th joke tradition, and didn't
understand Jedd's attempt at ruining it ;-)
This was all a joke, no one sued us, you can continue using kimdaba, and stay
tuned for the next version to come out within a month.

Cheers
and happy April 2nd
Jesper.

On Friday 01 April 2005 10:43, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| Yesterday I got an email from a commercial vendor of software products that
| wants to remain anonymous. The vendor claims that he has a patent on
| organizing images by categories. The vendors is threatening me with a
| million dollar lawsuite unless I immediately withdraw KimDaBa from the
| market.
|
| The vendor is willing to negotiate a deal where I pay $100 per KimDaBa
| user, to license their patent. Of course I don't have that kind of money,
| so I ask all KimDaBa user to either send me $100 or to never ever public
| tell that they are using KimDaBa (which includes generating HTML from
| KimDaBa).
|
| For those of you who can not live with such constraint I've made a strip
| down version of KimDaBa that does not do any categorizing, fell free to
| download it from the KimDaBa home page.
|
| The restriction on KimDaBa use is valid of today April 1th.
|
| I'm seriously sorry that I brought all of you into this mess, and hope that
| you eventually can for give me.
|
| With great regreets
| Jesper.

thousands of images?