[KimDaBa] Latin1 filenames

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Apr 1 17:34:43 BST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 09:55, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> I'm choked to see so many instances of latin1 in the code! I'll dig
> into this before the 2.1 release, and hopefull get this resolved.

I can see that I am responsible for one of the .latin1() calls too, so I
had a look at the patch.

Just using .local8Bit() doesn't seem like the right solution to me. For
filenames, the static methods QFile::encodeName( const QString& ) and
QFile::decodeName( const QCString& ) should be used instead.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se