[KimDaBa] Problem with Display Images Not On Disk

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:55:00 BST 2004

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at kde.org>
   Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:51:40 +0200
   Cc: kimdaba at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se

   On Monday 27 September 2004 00:20, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   |    Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:19:42 +0200
   |    Cc: Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>
   |
   |    On Saturday 25 September 2004 16:57, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    | If I use Display images not on disk, the window is filled with the
   |    | images not on the disk.  However, if I then select all of the images,
   |    | I cannot delete them (the delete key or the Edit->DeleteSelected
   |    | functions don't work).
   |    |
   |    | I tried to work around this by using ctrl-2, and then clicking on
   |    | delete.  That tells me that 1 image is selected.  When I click OK, and
   |    | then dismiss the ctrl-2 dialog, all of the images in the display now
   |    | have the same image name.
   |
   |    I tried with the images from the demo application, and that worked
   |    flawlessly for me.
   |
   |    Would your images happen to have some non us letters in them, and
   |    would you lately have happend to upgrade to a new Linux version,
   |    which now encode file names in UTF?
   |
   | Nope.  I am using a modern distribution (SUSE 9.1), but I don't create
   | any filenames with non-ASCII characters.

   Does it also happen for the demo app?

Yes, it does.  What I did was:

[3(root)|||{!1}<rlk-mobile>/home/rlk/sandbox/kdepim]
# cd /opt/kde3/share/apps/kimdaba/demo/
[3(root)|||{!2}<rlk-mobile>/opt/kde3/share/apps/kimdaba/demo]
# rm -f img00*

and then run the demo.  When I chose Display Images Not On Disk, I was
unable to delete the 9 images found.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton