[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 2.0 is getting close - new snapshot available

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Sep 10 23:38:02 BST 2004

In a few days KIPI will be released, which means that kimdaba can initiate its
own release procedures, with a KimDaBa 2.0 out of the door in hopefully a
month or so.

But before we are there, I need help from all of you.
I need you to test kimdaba, and all the plugins. Testing the plugins is esp
important, as I haven't done much testing with them myself.

So please go to  http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/snapshots/ and install and play
with KimDaBa.

One word of warning. One of the final changes that will be made is to change
so plugins only works when images are selected.
<blink>WARNING</blink> currently it runs on all images in scope. So dont do
any plugin operations on your images with out having browsed to a small
subset - or you might end rotating your whole database ,-)
If you want to play it real safe, then run kimdaba like "kimdaba -demo" which
will give you the demo database to play with.

Kind Regards and thanks for your help
Jesper.

PS: If you want to play it real safe, and wait till 2.0 is out, just remember
that if noone tests the beta, then you just end up with a 2.0 with all the
bugs.