[KimDaBa] Hugin rocks... after you figure out its quirks/bugs

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Fri Oct 29 14:59:13 BST 2004

On Fri October 29 2004 03:42 pm, Shawn Willden wrote:
 ] Oh, and I've never had any trouble building it... configure, make, make
 ] install works for me.  After apt-getting panorama-tools, libwxgtk2.4-dev and
 ] libwxgtk2.4-contrib-dev, of course.  What causes the hangups for others?

 In the past the compilation has been challenging, but usually do-able.

 I was inspired, after reading this missive, to go and give it a go -- and
 found that the last source bundle I had was from the first half of this
 year.  Consequently I had big hopes for the oct-2004 tarball.

 It compiled (once I installed the libgtk1 stuff (the libgtk2 stuff isn't
 new enough!, and weirdly doesn't include gtk-config in the Debian
 packages)).  Anyhoo .. when it runs it gives a few lines of output, and
 complains about not being able to find the splash.png file, and then
 segfaults.  Running strace over it shows that it gets a few dozen
 errors about files not existing .. and they're all pathed off root, as
 per this line :

 stat64("/data/splash.png", 0xbffff540)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

 A bunch of .xrc files .. help, about, preview_frame .. etc.

 No wonder it can't find them in the / or /data/ directories.

 It just leaves you wondering about what kind of weird and/or unique
 environment the authors managed to get this thing compiled in.

 I've tried changing some of the ./configure parameters, but nothing makes
 any difference, and indeed none of the options to it look encouraging.

 Once I get past this .. I'll work on the other suggestions you gave.   ;)

 Jedd.