[KimDaBa] Import from camera

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Oct 26 10:22:05 BST 2004

Vincent Picavet wrote:

>>I once approached a service provider and tried to talk them into
>>letting kimdaba send to them though a socket or something (something
>>different that kimdaba interacting with the website), but I never got
>>an answer, but maybe I should look into it again.
>>

>For the above online printing services, there is most of the time a tool
>that lets the user select a bunch of images on his computer and send
>them in batch. All of the proposed softs are closed-source MSwindows
>only :-( . But this means that there is another way of sending images to
>these services than the website. Kimdaba could implement this other way.

Just for reference, I use photobox in the UK (great because I live in
South Africa and can send photos to people in the UK easily):
http://www.photobox.co.uk
The reason I chose them is you can use ftp to upload your photos (as
well as their web interface, which works nicely in Firefox on Linux).
It should be easy to write a plugin if people use standard protocols...

David