[KimDaBa] Import from camera

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Mon Oct 25 15:25:28 BST 2004

On Sun October 24 2004 03:54 pm, Franck Collineau wrote:
 ] Hello !
 ]
 ] I just want to know what is the way the kimdaba users use to import photos
 ] from camera.

 I always use my card-reader.  It's faster and more convenient
 than fluffing around with an unnecessary interface.

 My camera records images into a xyzYMMDD directory structure,
 so I change xyz to 200 .. and run a script over them that simply
 runs exiffile -t against every image (it touches the file to match its
 time/date stamp with the EXIF creation date).

 I create new directories every 4GB (it used to be every 650MB) so
 that I can archive to DVD and it all lives under my ./pictures structure.

 And then I run KimDaBa and it picks up the new images.

 Jedd.