[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 2.0 is released.

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:57:17 BST 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:20:45 +0200, Jesper K. Pedersen
<blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:
> Finally, after 8 month of work KimDaBa 2.0 is now ready for your hungry minds.

Congrats !

> In the news section of the KimDaBa web site you will find detailed information
> about what is new in KimDaBa 2.0

It´s here http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/news.htm
Perfect timing, I´ve just finished to translate the rest of the website.

One remark : (note, I´m not trying to put my things forward, I frankly
don´t care)

ALL people I´ve showed KimDaBa loved the concept (it only gets better now)

The two only things that stopped some of them are :
1) not available on their windows (that´s a bad for a good : I
converted three people to Linux thanks KimDaBa, write it in your
testimonials if you want ;-)
2) high migration time, the first time, from their directory-based
huge collection to the KimDaBa properties-based system. You are
reluctant to spend all this time when you don´t know (YET) how good is
the software.

As made perfectly clear by this mail[1] from Michael Sternberg, the
"browse by folder" thing is the answer to 2). KimDaBa is instantly as
good as their old systems, and it only get (far) better after that
with the properties system. So you should put this that way :

" An automatic category [...] making it easy to switch "

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.kimdaba/602