[KimDaBa] Problem with Display Images Not On Disk

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 15 02:14:52 BST 2004

   Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:37:17 -0400
   From: Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

      Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:02:35 +0200
      From: Jean-Michel FAYARD <jmfayard at gmail.com>

      On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:57:51 -0400, Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
      > If I use Display images not on disk, the window is filled with the
      > images not on the disk.  However, if I then select all of the images,
      > I cannot delete them (the delete key or the Edit->DeleteSelected
      > functions don't work).
      >
      > I tried to work around this by using ctrl-2, and then clicking on
      > delete.  That tells me that 1 image is selected.  When I click OK, and
      > then dismiss the ctrl-2 dialog, all of the images in the display now
      > have the same image name.

      I think that "Delelete" donĀ“t work in your case, but "Shift +
      Delete" works

   No, it doesn't.

So I think I know what's going on here.  If I select Display Images
Not On Disk while kimdaba is in the thumbnail view, Delete Selected is
active.  If it's in browser view, it isn't active (other items in the
Edit menu also aren't active).

showThumbNails() (and a few other related functions) looks like this:

void MainView::updateStates( bool thumbNailView )
{
    _cut->setEnabled( thumbNailView );
    _paste->setEnabled( thumbNailView );
    _selectAll->setEnabled( thumbNailView );
    _deleteSelected->setEnabled( thumbNailView );
    _limitToMarked->setEnabled( thumbNailView );
}

void MainView::reloadThumbNail()
{
    _thumbNailView->reload();
    slotThumbNailSelectionChanged();
}

void MainView::showThumbNails()
{
    reloadThumbNail();
    _stack->raiseWidget( _thumbNailView );
    _thumbNailView->setFocus();
    updateStates( true );
}

slotShowNotOnDisk() looks like this:

void MainView::slotShowNotOnDisk()
{
    _stack->raiseWidget( _thumbNailView );
    ImageDB::instance()->showUnavailableImages();
    _thumbNailView->reload();
}

I don't understand why slotShowNotOnDisk() doesn't simply call
showThumbNails() (and perhaps it should), but if it isn't going to do
that, it should call updateStates(true).  Jesper or Jean-Michel, you
can do the honors about the correct fix to this.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton