[KimDaBa] Hugin rocks... after you figure out its quirks/bugs

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Nov 13 02:41:53 GMT 2004

   From: Shawn Willden <shawn-kimdaba at willden.org>
   Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:38:07 -0700

   On Friday 29 October 2004 07:59 am, jedd wrote:
   > On Fri October 29 2004 03:42 pm, Shawn Willden wrote:
   >  ] Oh, and I've never had any trouble building it... configure, make, make
   >  ] install works for me.  After apt-getting panorama-tools, libwxgtk2.4-dev
   > and ] libwxgtk2.4-contrib-dev, of course.  What causes the hangups for
   > others?
   >
   >  In the past the compilation has been challenging, but usually do-able.

   Since you mentioned Debian, try adding this to your sources.list.

   deb http://3demi.net/debian/debs/ ./
   deb-src http://3demi.net/debian/debs/ ./

   Then just apt-get install hugin.  Worked great for me (on unstable.  Sarge
   should be okay as well.  Dunno about woody).

   >  Once I get past this .. I'll work on the other suggestions you gave.   ;)

   Oh, and you can see some of my panoramas at:

    http://www.willden.org/gallery/Panoramas

Hugin is a *real* pain to compile.  It's as much a problem with its
dependencies (vigra, wxGTK, and so forth) as with hugin itself.  This
is, of course, all compounded by the fact that I'm trying to do it on
a 64-bit machine (x86-64).

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton