[KimDaBa] Proposal for branch project

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue Mar 30 09:25:02 BST 2004

Let me see, its about a week now isn't it? ;-)

Well I've given this some though, and despite it sounds like a very good idea,
I think that it would simply take too much time from kimdaba core time, time
that are better spent on what kimdaba is currently good at.

Thanks for your suggestion, and I haven't discarded it completely, but so far
I think time is better spent elsewhere.

On Saturday 20 March 2004 05:27, Jody Harris wrote:
| Jesper, don't reply to this immediately.  Let it "set on your brain" for
| a week or so, then let me know your thoughts.
|
| It's sounds completely "whacked" on first blanch, but...
|
| KSoDaBa  -- the K Sound Database
|
| So, the kids and I shot a little video of "a monster" attacking a
| village.  15 seconds.  What it needs is sound effects.  So, off to
| Google I go, and I locate several thousand free sound effects.
|
| Problem: I have no way to organize them and track them for when I need
| them.
|
| Then, it occurs to me, "If I could mangle KimDaBa into a Sound Database,
| I'd be set!"
|
| Just thinking out loud.  Maybe I'll take the principles I've learned
| from KimDaBa and being on this list and write a Sound Database for the
| web.... now there's a thought....
|
| Happy Spring, everyone!
|
| havoc

thousands of images?