[KimDaBa] Comments about latest kimdaba CVS

Rafael Beccar rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Sat Mar 20 17:41:27 GMT 2004

El Sáb 20 Mar 2004 13:57, Jesper K. Pedersen escribió:
> On Saturday 20 March 2004 17:51, Rafael Beccar wrote:
> | >
> | > As I said it is so by design, so don't bother writting a patch that
> | > changes the check boxes to radio buttons.
>
> Making the exclusive is the same as a two radio buttons, right?

I don't think so, you can have two radio buttons but if they are not inside a
Button Group they are not exclusive.

> As I said, I had a reason for using checkboxes, that is there was a
> situation where I wanted both to be on the same time, I just can't remember
> which.

Well, lets think about it:

As I understand if you have "Delete images from disk and database" ON and you
pressed OK the image will be erased from disk and removed from index.xml.

If the entry is not any more in index.xml why you would ever want to block the
image from the database ? I really can't find a possible situation.

I have tried what happen if you have both options on. The result is that the
image is not anymore on the disk and that's dangerous because "Delete Images"
is the default option and is very easy to erase a picture by mistake when
just you want to block it.

Well, you are the expert and Kimdaba's father but in this case I am pretty
sure about my point of view. If I am wrong please tell me.

Greetings,
Rafael