[KimDaBa] Re: small patch to improve picture quality

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sun Mar 7 18:50:29 GMT 2004

Hi Reimar.
Thanks for your patch.
I did actually change this myself a week ago or so.

PS: Regarding the sorting change, I had a short look at it, and like what I saw,
and will apply it as soon as I get time to fix the few remaining issues you
wrote about.

Reimar Imhof <Reimar.Imhof at netCologne.de> writes:

| Hello Jesper, hello people,
|
| I had a look at how KimDaBa does scale images because I wasn't happy with the
| quality of some thumbnails, tool tips, the html output and the slide show.
| I've seen, it uses scale in some places and smoothScale Qt-function in other
| places.
|
| My change is simple but I like it:
| I found three occurrences of "scale". I changed these to smoothScale. Now I
| get much better thumbnails and tool tips (ctrl t); the show picture
| (invoked by letter i) function (including slide show) now shows nice
| picture quality, and the html output looks great.
| To get the new thumb nails, tool tips and html images just remove the
| existing thumb nails directory to make KimDaBa rebuild these with the
| smoothScale function.
On my todo list for soonish is a rebuild all thumbs, which will automate
this.

| Jesper, could you please integrate my changes into your next snapshot?!
My version is in CVS already, and as soon as I've had a chance to look at
the patches send to me over the last few weeks, I'll make a new snapshoot.

Please hold your patch till then, and beat me with it, if my changes did
work as expected (I'm really lousy at seeing such things :-o
I do expect it to work fine tho.

| Thanks a lot.
|
| Reimar
|
| PS.: Like I did with my sorting changes, I supply a diff file and the two
| modified files (all based on KimDaBa version 1.1).
I prefer it that way, so please continue doing that.
The patch is by far the easiest if it work, but a lot of trouble if it
doesn't, in which case the files with the changes are nice to have.

Cheers
Jesper