[KimDaBa] Size of preview and closing of preview window.

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Mar 2 20:35:05 GMT 2004

Dnia Tuesday 02 of March 2004 15:08, Jesper K. Pedersen napisaƂ:
> | Thumbnail in main window quality:
> | 	How Kimdaba creates thumbnails for main window? They have lower
> | 	quality than image previews in Konqueror which is rather strange.
>
> Thanks for telling me, I'm really bad at seeing such things.
> Now I'm using a better scaling algorithm from Qt.

Also thumbnails in file-tooltips has crappy quality.

> | Size of thumbnails in main window:
> | 	Please make it like icons in Konq... Also file-tooltips would be
> | 	great.
>
> The size is configurable, I'm not sure what you want more.

Buttons to zoom in. Having small thumbnails has sense when there is 100
images at once. But when number of images is reduced to eg. 5 having
them very small has no sense. It would be sensible to make them
larger/smaller on demand, not through configuration settings.

> | Import with keyword:
> | 	This is the feature I miss much (or cannot find it). I would like to
> | 	point folder and order: import all image files (*.png, *.gif, *.tiff
> | 	- standard KFileDialog is all you need) with keywords: xxxx, yyyy.
> | 	'OK' trick is nice but IMO slightly immature.
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand the above.

OK. Importing images to Kimdaba isn't easy. One day before I send OP,
tried to import few images. Copied them to ~/Images and tried to find
them through 'Date'. Hopeless. Much easier would be:
File->Import...
KFileDialog, choose images, after hitting OK, appears new dialog. Set
keywords for this import. Now I can relatively easy find these images
later or immediately 'describe' them.

Also, how I can export images? Call external browser? Hmm.

And one more thing. Showimg should be excluded from external viewers. It
tries to show thumbnails of whole base directory. I have only 300 images
but someone with few thousands...

> I have little to none motivation on fighting the HTML export anymore, so
> please talk to teemu.rytilahti at kde-fi.org who have already worked a bit
> on that code.

OK.

m.
Learn Touch Typing with Vim? Oui. Ja. Yes. Tak:
  http://vim.sourceforge.net/script.php?script_id=461
vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/