[KimDaBa] Running Snapshot 2004-07-18

Dominik Stadler dominik.stadler at gmx.at
Tue Jul 20 00:47:59 BST 2004

Hi,

today I tried the latest snapshot, here are some results:

- - downloading and building the 4 packages worked like a charm on Gentoo, I
created local ebuilds for these and they all downloaded, compiled and merged
without any probelm whats-o-ever

- - starting KimDaBa worked like expected, I don't see any image or database
corruption.

- - all the plugins really add value, this is great news for the next stable
release!

- - Many tasks feel faster. I know there were some performance patches applied,
in my opinion they do make quite a difference!

Some small suggestions (sorry, no debug-info yet for crashes, I'll try to
recompile):

- - opening the "KameraKlient" twice crashes Kimdaba

- - Window sizes are not stored for some dialogs, especially the
image-configure-dialog and the Calendar-plugin

- - I'm not sure where to post suggestions about plugins, but in the
Calendar-plugin, the picture preview is too small and the three panes cannot
be resized separatedely which prevents the user from making the preview
larger.

- - In the Calendar-plugin when the list of pictures is displayed, a preview
with thumbnails for the pictures instead of the names would be great.
Otherwise the user needs to walk through all the image-names to find the one
that he/she wants.

 - had one crash while draging a picture directly to a month in the
Calendar-plugin, didn't compile with debug, though... The second time around
it worked. I will try to compile debug to provide more info.

- - in CD/DVD archiving-dialog, please make the listbox with the checkboxes to
resize in order to allow the user to enlarge the long list of albums by
enlarging the dialog.

- - in CD/DVD archiving-dialog, show the number of pictures/size per album in
order to allow to better choose which albums to exclude in order to fit the
pictures on a CD

- - I had a problem adding an Album called "Südfrankreich" to an archive-CD, I
got an error message during building the CD. The same for an album
"Beaucaire/Provence", seems that special characters confuse the plugin.

For things that should be reported elsewhere for plugins, please point me in
the right direction.

As always, many thanks for a great application that is just getting better and
better!

Dominik.