[KimDaBa] Some comments on plugins and a feature request

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Jul 18 20:22:13 BST 2004

| 3) This one is a feature request: I think a good way to keep the user safe
| from unwanted changes on images would be to give Kimdaba the possiblity of
| managing the permissions of the image files.
|
| For example, when Kimdaba creates the database and when new pictures are
| added, Kimdaba would ask if the user want the images to be write protected
| or not. Later it would be possible to make the files writable from the
| Maintenance menu.
And here comes an answer to the last bullet.
Though I like your idea, I find it very hard to add, after all, KimDaBa does
not have any control over what the plugins does.

As I said in the other email, we will change KIPI, so it will not work over
sets of images, unless they have explicit been selected, when the operation
is destructive.

Cheers
Jesper