[KimDaBa] Want to try a directory browser in Kimdaba ?

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:56:30 BST 2004

> I think that not all subdirectories should be displayed, but only direct
> children. For example if you're in /, there would the entries like sbin, etc,
> var, home
> If you go to home, you would have florian, jesper, ...  ;-)
> Or did I misunderstand you?

I'm not sure if you talk to Jesper or me, but let's try ;-)

In my view, say you have your imges in ~/{Images}
They will be listed like that :

2003/06/Mariage
2003/06/Vacances
2003/12/Noel
2004/06/Holidays

Basically, take a hierarchy and make it flat.
No need to display ~/{Images} before.
No need to care about /bin /sbin, /home/florian or /home/jesper
because your pictures re not here
If you don't display the complete relative path of the directory, you
have an ambiguity (for the folder << 06 >>)
If you display only the first child (<< 2003, 2004>>), it's not
coherent with the other properties in KimDaBa.