[KimDaBa] new snapshot ready - feature freeze

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Mon Jan 26 08:34:24 GMT 2004

A new snapshot has been created with yesterdays work.

This also means that I'll slowly start a feature freeze, which will turn into a
message freeze as soon as KDE 3.2 has been released (and thus .po files are
again generated in kde-i18n). After two weeks of message freeze I'll
release KimDaBa version 1.1.

So, this is a good time to download snapshots, and report bugs, so 1.1 can
be rock solid, when the masses get to it ;-)

After the release I'll start working on a plugin structure for KimDaBa,
which will allow 3rd party plugins for some of the many ideas and
suggestions I can't handle myself.

I wont promise anything, but I'll have a look at digikam, to see if I can
make it possible to use their plugins too with KimDaBa.

Below is changes since version 1.0.1 was released.

2004-01-25  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Split up the dialog for HTML generation, plus made it possible
	to specify which of the option groups (Persons/Location/...) plus
	description - to generate.

	* The image configuration dialog may now be closed by pressing Ctrl+return

	* Added a number of tooltips

	* Added a donate dialog, which makes it possible for people to
	donate money.

	* BUGFIX: when generating HTML, its no longer a problem if several
	images have the same base name, ie. if you may now generate
	holiday1/me.jpg andd holiday2/me.jpg at the same time.

	* BUGFIX: When the user presses the right mouse button on one of
	the list boxes containing options (Persons, Loactions, Keywords
	etc.) to show the context menu, then the state of the item was
	changed (from selected to non-selected or visa versa).

	* The total amount of images in the status bar is now updated when
	new images are found or existing images are deleted.

	* BUGFIX: don't load the search and multi-config images through
	the imageinfo clas as this will make KimDaBa ask whether date
	should be trusted.

	* Added a configuration option for whether EXIF rotation
	information should be used or not.

2004-01-23  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* BUGFIX: It was not possible to generate HTML more than once per session.

	* Read date, orientation and description out of EXIF data.

2004-01-21  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Thanks to Teemu Rytilahti <teemu.rytilahti at kde-fi.org>, KimDaBa
	will now offer themes when generating HTML.

	* Heavily optimized browsing functions. Now everything is
	hopefully lightning fast.

2004-01-20  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* The thumbnail overview and the image viewer now has a menu item
	for invoking an external program on the images. The list includes
	all programs claiming they can handle image/jpeg from KTrader.

	* Implemented Maintenance/Display Images not on Disk

	* Implemented Maintenance/Recalculate Checksum (Useful if images
	has been change for example using gimp)

	* Implemented Maintenance/Rescan for new Images

	* Only do auto save if there has been changes since the last auto save.

2004-01-19  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* MD5 sums are now calculated for each image, so that KimDaBa can
	track movement of images in the directories

2004-01-18  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Move cursor to the lower right corner when viewer goes into fullscreen mode

	* BUGFIX: Generate HTML with nothing selected now export all
	images from thumbnail view.

	* BUGFIX: Context menu for thumbnail view used to show up in the
	browser too.

	* BUGFIX: searches using the textbox didn't work.

	* BUGFIX: ensure that tip of the day has focus when it starts up.

2004-01-10  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Improved HTML generation.

2004-01-04  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* The tool tip for the thumbnail view now contains an enlargement
	of the image. In addition the tool tip needs to be disabled,
	rather than it automatically hides. The tool tip window will
	temporarily hide when the mouse is outside the thumbnail view.
	The placement of the tool tip window is now improved, so it
	doesn't get partly of screen.

2004-01-03  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Added an item to the context menu in the viewer for setting the
	current image as the background. (Thanks to Teemu Rytilahti
	<teemu.rytilahti at kde-fi.org>) for a patch with this feature.

	* New Feature: It is now possible to show the content views (those
	with overview of persons, locations, keywords etc) either with a
	list view or with an icon view. In addition it is also possible to
	show a different icon for each item (one icon for Joe, and another
	for Bill).

2003-12-30  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* BUGFIX: Member groups are not shown in the browser, in case the
	member group do not contain any items.

2003-12-26  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* Update thumnail view when an image has been rotated.

	* Added "View Selected" and "View Selected in new window" to the
	context menu for the thumbnail overview.

	* Enable/Disable state of "configure property items" are now correctly set.

	* On public demand, the file name is now shown in the status bar.

2003-12-13  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* BUGFIX: fixed crash where KimDaBa crashes if you right click outside
	an item in one of the list boxes with properties (Persons,
	Locations, ...)

2003-12-05  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* BUGFIX: KimDaBa used to crash on moving images around.

2003-12-01  Jesper K. Pedersen  <blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

	* New Feature: Its now possible to drag(copy) images from kimdaba
	to say the desktop. Unfortunately KimDaBa crashes in KDE code if I
	drag an QImage out, so I can only drag the filename out, which
	means that rotated images are not rotated when dragged out. Still
	better than nothing ;-)

	* Go out of full screen if an item from the info box in the viewer
	is selected, and the viewer is on the same monitor as the browser.

	* Added Settings | Configure Shortcuts

	* Edit->Options was moved Settings->Configure Kimdaba.

	* New Feature: It is now possible to using fish:// or ftp:// when
	exporting to HTML

	* BUGFIX: Don't show HTML export dialog in case no item was selected.