[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 1.1 is released

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netCologne.de
Mon Feb 23 16:55:22 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 09:32 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:
> | Here come's the second version of my proposal:
> | You like your kind of sorting. To me (perhaps to other users as well)
> | it's not that obvious and perhaps not that straight forward.
> | So what about asking the user how to sort? I could think of several ways
> | to do so:
> | Let's have a context menu for sorting, available at each list box
> | (momentarily it offers renaming, etc. for an selected item; it could have
> | some sorting entries as well): "sort by most recent use", "sort by name".
> | Alternatively you could have a sort toggle button near every list box.
> | One state is for "sort by most recent use" (showing an calendar icon),
> | the other one is "sort by name" (showing a letter).
> | Or you could have both.
> | You also could integrate the way of sorting into to kimdaba config dialog
> | where you define the picture categories.
> | I'd like the idea to have different ways to configure sorting and to save
> | this info with the kimdaba index.xml file.
> |
> | Is this something you could think about?
>
> Yeah I'll think about it ;-)
> Seriously, I'll put this on the TODO list, and see when time permits.
> I do agree that from time to time sorting alph. could be useful.
>
> Cheers
> Jesper.

Hello Jesper,

to make "thinking" a little easier:

I've been working on alphabetic sorting. I've added two menu entries to the
context menu in the properties/search dialog. There you can say sort by usage
or sort by alphabet.
If you try to open the context menu without pointing to an entry, you now get
a smaller context menu just with the sorting entries.

The sort propertie is not put to the index.xml file yet. The point is, I'd
like to have it with the window config and I just didn't know how to do it.
Internally that information is hold with the properties of an options group
(like for example the thumb nail size for a group). This is used for a new
function delivering the entries (including member groups) of an option group.
This function cares about the new sorting type information. The default
sorting type is sort per usage (like in KimDaBa 1.1).

As a different point I had a crash (KDE 3.2.0, Qt 3.3.0) in listselect.cpp,
line 276 (beginning of
function itemSelected) if I click in a list under the last item. I added an
check for an selected item.

I include an archive with a diff file.
Because I'm not so familiar with diff, I also include the four modified
files.
The changes are made on version 1.1.

I hope you like what I've done and find a way to save the sort configuration
with the index.xml file.

Could you please include my changes into the next snapshot?

Thanks,
Reimar