[KimDaBa] install prob

Lars Johansen lf at udsyn.dk
Mon Feb 23 01:13:09 GMT 2004

Hi Kim og all on this list
I been reading about Kimdaba, and realy wanna try it on, because I got a
photo archive on about 1000 pitures, frome a fishermans project in
Guatemala.
I came to step 2. in installing and got this output:

[root at localhost app]# tar zxvf kimdaba-1.1.tar.gz
kimdaba-1.1/
kimdaba-1.1/po/
kimdaba-1.1/po/ca/
[snip]

[root at localhost app]# cd kimdaba-1.1
[root at localhost kimdaba-1.1]# ./configure
checking build system type... i586-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i586-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
[root at localhost kimdaba-1.1]#
<

So what do I have to do before running the KimDaba app?
On the Fedora1.0, kde 3.1.4-4RED HAT

Mvh. Lars Johansen