[KimDaBa] Towards a common plugin architecture for kde image managers...

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 16 18:17:01 GMT 2004

Hi all,

recently there has been interest from other kde image manager authors in
using digikamplugins in their applications. i, as the main coordinator of
digikam, welcome this interest and want to pursue an initiative towards
developing a common plugin architecture for this purpose. i understand
that it will take a long time to come up with a common framework and will
require compromises from all interested parties. but if everybody is
willing we would be able to setup a common standard for easier integration
of well-implemented/stable/feature-rich plugins for kde.

there is no point into jumping into the code right now; we will have to
decide on a framework first. i would like to hear from each of you about
your willingness to proceed on such a plan.

once that happens, i will give more details about how the current digikam
plugins are interfaced and what changes are likely to happen at our end
which will affect this interface.

please CC everybody in the recepient list above.

regards,
renchi