[KimDaBa] Re: Nice pictures online...

Jean-Michel FAYARD boulot.dodo at laposte.net
Mon Feb 16 01:12:55 GMT 2004

Le 14-02-2004, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> a écrit :
> Jean-Michel FAYARD <boulot.dodo at laposte.net> writes:
>
>| If you want a better entry point, see
>| http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~upaxe/Kimdaba.html
> I'm afraid I can't see the images, my konqueror all the time claims that it
> searches for the files on my local disk.

I think I've fixed this.

I did a lot of progress since my last mail, including search, groups,
and lot of bugfixes
Well in fact, it works quite well on my computer.

The problem I am aware is that it does not work on older release of
Konqueror than mine,
but it's very difficult to track because it works with my version of
Konqueror, and those
version had a bad support for DOM and didn't have a javascript console
to help to solve this.
I will try to solve this later.

So, if anybody wants to give it a try, here is how to do that :

In KimDaBa, export your pictures you want as HTML in a folder <foo>
Go to <foo>
You can delete all *html files if you want, you don't need them
decompress the .tar which is here : http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~upaxe/jmf.tar
Then, you must have a XSLT processor (I use xsltproc) to generate two
files, like this :

xsltproc search.xsl <kimdaba_folder>/index.xml > Search.html
xsltproc images.xsl <kimdaba_folder>/index.xml > a.js

If you don't have a XSLT processor and don't want to install one, it's
better to launch the demo from KimDaBa and to export all pictures from
here.  The two files you need for those pictures are already included.

Now, I need someone with artistic talents to make it look better,
and I am waiting for your comments.

--
Le bonjour chez vous