[KimDaBa] Lets build a database together

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Apr 19 21:59:15 BST 2004

I just got this wild idea that we all should put a few images of ourself into
one big database, so we all may know what we look like.
See http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/kimdaba-user-database/

The KimDaBa User Data Base
===========================
KimDaBa in the latest snapshots has an import/export feature, which allows
people to share images. So why not let us all share a few image of ourself,
so we know who is who when talking to them on IRC or on the KimDaBa mailing
lists?

I therefore invite all KimDaBa users to mail me a KimDaBa export (instructions
below) with a few images of yourself, plus a bit of description of yourself.
I'll keep the list here updated as images comes in, but please give me a bit
of time before starting to nag me where your images are ;-)

Instructions
=============
The procedure is a bit different from normal usage of the export feature, as
we need all to use the same sets of categories. First, download the database
(http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/kimdaba-user-database/kimdaba-users-database.tgz)
which contains three images of me. Unpack the files, and cd into the directory
and load it using kimdaba -c index.xml.

Look at my images to get an idea what you should put there. Next delete my
images, put in a few images of your self, fill out the categories plus
descriptions, and from File choose export.

IMPORTANT: Check Limit maximum dimension of image to 800, and choose Include
in .kim file for location of images. Now send the images to me.