[KimDaBa] minor html export problem

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Dec 31 17:09:14 GMT 2003

Hi Jesper,

I don't see mention of this in your TODO list, so I am mentioning it
here.  When KimDaBa exports to html and generates the arguments for
the infobox thingie, it should escape any apostrophes (') that it
finds in the discription of the picture.  In English, the apostrophe
is common enough since it is used both for contractions and
possessives.  The additional apostrophe breaks the infobox function in
such a way that no infobox gets displayed.

The work-around is to escape the apostrophe with a backslash in the
description.  This looks bad in KimDaBa's image viewer, but works well
in the html export.  Much better would be for KimDaBa to escape it
properly on export.

I just returned from a two-week visit to Nepal with several hundred
photos.  KimDaBa has been a joy to use!

Thanks!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source